- Advisory Services and Development Consultancy
- Cost Consultancy and Quantity Surveying
- Project Management
Strategy is about developing and implementing a plan of action incorporating the objectives and conditions for a project.
The following basic management strategy will be implemented.
In strategic terms, for the Project Manager to be able to safeguard his Client’s interests, he must firstly formulate for the Client’s approval, a logical and effective plan of action incorporating the implementation procedures to achieve the project objectives. The plans should be robust and achievable, and should be flexible enough to accommodate possible changes.
As a means of achieving a balance of the Client’s objectives in terms of time, cost and quality, Rider Levett Bucknall will develop a Project Plan for the implementation of the Project embracing all facets of the project, from inception to completion. The plan will also define the project management and contractual arrangements that will be adopted by Rider Levett Bucknall in carrying out its obligations. The plan will be implemented through established project management procedures.
The key elements of the Project Plan will include:
- developing a clear understanding of the Client’s key objectives, requirements and expectations.
- translating these into a clearly defined project brief early on,
- ensuring that the appropriate systems and procedures are in place to achieve the objectives,
- defining clear lines of management responsibility,
- estimating time and budget constraints realistically.
The Project Plan will be effectively implemented through established project management procedures. The objectives are:
- Suitable experts are engaged.
- Each team member is clear as to their responsibilities, the project and team objectives.
- Resources are deployed to their best advantage.
- Diversity of skills and expertise are fully utilized.
- Information is disseminated and that the information flow within the processes is optimised for clear and efficient communication.
- Clear and simple reporting structure and format.
- Co-operation and commitment is obtained from the resource providers.
- Risks are identified, isolated and managed.
- Changes are effectively accommodated and managed.
- Speedy and effective problem solving with focus on win-win outcomes.
Control and Evaluate
Control measures will be put in place to ensure that the procedures are implemented, adhered to and improved if they are inappropriate or lacking. Control measures also serve as early warning signals to ensure that plans and progress are re-evaluated and altered to suit new opportunities or problems if necessary.
This will be achieved through:
- A formalised review process through defined agenda, defined criteria at defined interval.
- Integrated plans and periodic reports.
- Use of delegated authority when necessary and appropriate.
Rider Levett Bucknall is fully aware of the importance of balanced and equitable allocation of risks among the different parties to the project.
Rider Levett Bucknall with its extensive experience in the administration of construction contracts will assist the Client in evaluating, managing and minimising his risks through an optimal allocation of risk to the parties taking into account factors such as expertise of the parties in handling the risk, the monetary value of the risk compared with the size of the contract and which party is in a better position in controlling the risk.
Various risks involved in a project will be assessed, evaluated and quantified as far as possible between the worst and best scenarios to assist the Client in his decision making and project control.
- To get in touch with one of our experts click here