Health & Safety / CDM Consultant
Full Time - Europe, United Kingdom, Thames Valley
This entry was posted on September 18, 2017.
Due to our growing and diverse portfolio, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health & Safety / CDM Consultant to join our Thames Valley office.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established team of consultants who pride themselves on providing outstanding Health and Safety guidance and advice, to a range of clients within both the public and private sectors, from SME’s to large blue chip corporate clients.
We provide a wide range of consultancy H&S services to our clients including:
- Principal Designer
- Principal Designer Advisor
- Independent Client Advisor
Please note that this vacancy is based from our Thames Valley office in Winnersh Triangle near Reading. The successful candidate must be flexible and willing to travel and stay away from home if required, and have a Full UK Driving License.
Reporting to the Associate responsible for Health and Safety, duties will include (but not limited to):
- Assist in the completion of PQQ/tender documents
- Provide quality assurance & compliance support to the clients
- Visit sites and work alongside Principal Contractors and their Site Managers
- Conducting audits to include both general H&S compliance and topic specific audits
- Achieve robust and positive safety practices
- Investigate incidents as and when required
- Provide H&S advice, guidance, training and support across the client base
- Advising and instructing clients in the use of their health and safety management system and other relevant procedures
- Liaising with Enforcing Authorities on behalf of clients when required
- Advising clients on matters of Health & Safety standards and best practice affecting their business
- Undertaking accident or other special investigations to assist the client as required
The ideal candidate will be committed to delivering high levels of customer service excellence with good commercial acumen.
- Proven experience providing client side Health and Safety services within the construction or property industry
- GradIOSH working toward Chartered membership of IOSH (CMIOSH)
- Incorporated Member of the Association for Project Safety (IMaPS) working towards Certified Member of the Association for Project Safety (CMaPS)
- NEBOSH General and Construction Certificate
- H&S – CDM Management and experience at Client and Designer level
- Construction &/or Design: Management, Control, Skills, Knowledge & experience (Who may have actually carried out the CDM Coordinator role previously)
- H&S Professional Status: GradIOSH/CMIOSH
- A good working knowledge of UK H&S/CDM15 legislation
- Training qualification particularly delivering CITB courses SMSTS, SSSTS, H&S Awareness
- H&S management system auditing with OHSAS 18001 Auditor/Lead auditor status desirable NVQ Assessor up to Level 5/6
- Experience in carrying out Fire Audits/Fire Risk Assessments
- Attained P405 – Management of Asbestos in Buildings and worked with Clients/Principal Contractors in managing construction projects
RLB is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All job applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, “race” (includes nationality, national / ethnic origins, colour) marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, gender reassignment, religion and belief
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during any stage of the application or interview process, please contact our recruitment team at: email@example.com
**If you are have trouble submitting your application via the below link, please send a copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for job